"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~Albert Einstein

Friday, May 11, 2012

Free Pattern Friday! :: Play Collar ::

Weew its been a hectic week. But now finals are finally over! I'm not sure when I'll be able to see my grades but, I should be able to see them soon. I do already know that my final grade in my morning math was a 97! But enough about that...

This week, I thought I'd follow the theme and make a play collar to go along with the Play Leash from last week. My daughter is in love. She puts her favorite stuffed puppy dog on that leash and pulls him along all over the house and yard (I know right... good thing he's washable!).


So here is what you need:
  • A couple yards of worsted weight yarn
  • A small key ring
  • 3 Size 8 DPNS

Instructions:
CO 6 provisionally knit 2 or 3 rows and put your cast on stitches on one of your DPN.
Work in garter stitch (knit all rows) until you have about half the desired length, maybe around 3.5 inches or so. Keep in mind, garter stitch has an incredible amount of stretch and you want it big enough to stretch over the head of the toy but not so much the toy will slip out of the collar while being pulled around.

At the half way point on your next row k1 then holding your key ring knit through it for the next 4 stitches then drop it and knit the last one outside of it.
Continue knitting a length equal to the first half (doesn't have to be perfect) ending with a right side row, pick up your needle holding your cast on stitches. Be sure that both yarn tails are on the right side and graft together with Kitchener stitch.

Weave in ends, add some embellishments if you like and you are done! Super easy and should be lots of fun for your little one. Happy knitting!




THANK YOU for your support! Please show continued support by using this pattern only for your non-commercial, personal use. Please do not knit and sell designs from this pattern without express written permission. Copyright © 2012 A Flight of Sparrows; all rights reserved.

0 comments:

All content © A Flight of Sparrows
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© A Flight of Sparrows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena